Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Internship, week 2

So, today marks the start of week 2 in my internship. I think I am starting to get the hang of this.

Last week I mentioned that some very helpful friends taught me how to navigate better. If you want to know, here is how!

Hit Ctrl+Alt+D to open up the client and server menus. Click the "Client" menu (up top) and go down to "UI". Then click on "Double Click Auto Pilot." When that is clicked, you just need to double click the terrain in front of you, and your avatar walks there - with minimal stumbling.

I helped my first people this week! In my RL I was an interpretation manager for years, which meant lots of public interaction - but it seems that I am a bit shy about approaching avatars! I'm getting braver, and I am sure by next week I'll be down right outgoing. I've also had a chance to meet some more Tech staffers, all of whom have been very helpful!

Tonight I got some great building and scripting sites, which I plan to explore this week. More posts soon!

No comments: