Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just for fun!

So, I've become a Twitter-aholic. I check it throughout the day, and love posting silly things. I kept wondering, how can our museum use Twitter in a fun way.

Well, leave it to Nina Simon to come up with a great guide! She created a wonderful post about using Twitter well. (I tend to think that Twitter is the powerpoint of social networking - a soon to be overused tool that will result in too many institutions doing the same thing) 

Anyway, she posted that she'd love to see a Twitter feed about the funny things that visitors say in museums. Now, two of my other obsessions are Post Secret and Overheard in NYC. So, what a chance to combine! So, I've created a secondary account - https://twitter.com/OverheardMuseum - to post those to. Looking at ways to make this communal. Maybe by AAM or Museums and the Web we can all be posting away!


No comments: