Friday, March 19, 2010

Ch ch ch changes....

Well, its official. After 9 years at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, I am moving on. In about 3 weeks, my partner and I are packing up the car and moving to Tampa Bay, where I'll be the director of education and programming. WHEE!

I'm terrified and excited, both about the move and the job. But, its like I've got new eyes. Where 3 months ago I was looking almost solely at exhibits, now I can think programming again. I'm talking to amazing people about their programs, and about children's museums as civic and community centers.

Many changes ahead, many challenges, but I'm SO excited!

3 comments:

Nat said...

I came upon your blog upon a search for like-minded museum professionals. I'm nearly done with my undergraduate career and am looking to pursue a graduate degree in museum studies. I like reading your blog as we seem to have a reat deal in common. Thank you for your honest posts and good luck wth your new position!

Natasha

Angelique said...

Welcome to Tampa! Exciting stuff--are you at liberty to say which of our fine institutions you're working for?

Nina Simon said...

Wow!!! I hope it's MOSI - they are totally fascinating. Can't wait to hear more.